Weaving workshop with Sally Hampson – “The Weaving Shed at Atelier”
Chose one of these workshop dates:
- Saturday 19th Oct 10.30 till 4.30 + Sunday 20th Oct 10 till 1.30
- Saturday 9th Nov 10.30 till 4.30 + Sunday 10th Nov 10 till 1.30
Price, £119 (+£5 toward all the wool your need)
Come and learn to weave with Sally Hampson
The looms will be set up for you in advance, with different colours and textures for you to choose from.
The workshop includes learning how the loom works and all the traditional weaves, such as Herringbone, Twills and Hopsack, experimenting with your own colours and textures.
The yarns will be a wonderful collection of Shetland, Jacob, Welsh Black and Lambs wool.
You can choose either to weave a collection of samples or weave your own scarf/neck-warmer.
- 10.30 – 12.30 – Introduction to the loom and how it works and start weaving.
- 12.30-1.30 – Lunch and a quick look around Stroud’s award winning farmers market if it is not familiar.
- 1.30 – 4.30 – Back to the loom to experiment, with colour and texture creating you own designs.
- 10.00 – 1:30 – Finish off your weaving and setting off about 2pm with your own collection of samples or your own scarf/neck-warmer, perfect for a late English summer and be ahead for this Autumn!